Saturday, September 12, 2009

On the road to healthy

How can we be our lively, sexy and sophisticated selves, (OK so maybe exhausted, pudgy and disheveled) when we have body parts that are not cooperating with the new doctrine.

We will be healthy, sleep well, work out, eat well and we will be umm somewhat less than perky? That doctrine is not working so well, especially the sleeping part. How about body of mine please cooperate so that we can exercise and be healthy. Some of my body parts are not embracing this plan. I have repeatedly informed THE BELLY of the program but it is acting like a rebellious teenage girl, I say go in, it goes out. The only good thing about its behavior at this time is …. my boobaliciousness (my hubby’s term god bless him) looks like it has been greatly reduced. The belly whom I am not on speaking terms is inching out to meet the breastissis in competition for upfrontednism. ( I love this making up words game)
As a result I have noticed a decided drop in the checking me out factor (actually for quite awhile). Which at this point is OK, since do I really want anyone to notice how tired I am?

How do we take this (at times) confidence challenged, sleep deprived individual and present a positive presence to the world and convince them that volunteering will help you live longer, healthier lives? Do as I say and do not look at who is telling you?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment